- Methods and analysis of nanoscale materials properties.
ex: Scanning Probe Microscopy, Raman Spectroscopy, Electron Microscopy
- Methods of preparation, synthesis, or production of nanoscale materials.
ex: Self-Assembly, Chemical Vapor Deposition, Lithography
- Nanoscale science and technology with biological applications.
ex: DNA & proteins, Drug Delivery, Sensors, Toxicity, Disease Treatments, Biomakers
- Research and development of nanoscale science and engineering curriculum and teaching methods.
ex: Learning Progressions & Trajectories, Teaching Enactment, Evaluation
- Characteristics and behavior of materials on the nanoscale.
ex: Coulomb Blockade, Quantum Confinement, Optical
- Materials engineered on the nanoscale.
ex: Quantum Dots, Composites, Nanowires, Molecules
Device Physics & Applications
- Nanoscale devices, device properties and applications.
ex: Photonics, Memory, Catalysis, Coatings, Spintronics
- Models and studies of nanoscale materials, devices and effects.
ex: Cellular Models, Structural Analysis, Simulations
- The interaction of nanoscience and technology and the general public.
ex: Long-term implications, Safety, Everyday Use, Business